Friday, January 6, 2012

Games...games...games

Hey all, I already feel like I have broken a resolution by not writing on this blog for awhile.  Yet, I have been busy with moving out of my place, so that is my excuse...weak as it may be.

On the gaming front, well, several things have happened.  My Sunday Temple game has ground to a halt.  The few players we have are missing long stretches of game time, for work or for personal reasons and I am ok with that.  Life is more important than gaming...I just want them to tell me or the DM so we could do something else or I could stay home.

On Monday, the 2E game has ground to a halt for a different reason.  I don't know if it is DM burnout, the game itself has just gone off the rails or the players are causing problems.  I think it is a combination of all three.  I am not naming names, yet for the last several sessions there has been discussions that have stopped the game.  At one point last Monday, there was a point where I thought the game should just be called off because the group had split and didn't want anything to do with each other.  Maybe a week or two of reflection will help, or just let someone else run something for awhile.

I know that next week I will be moving other stuff (It is a time for moving things around I guess.)  I will e gone for the better part of a week.  One thing that some of my friends want me to do while I am out there is run something, a little one or two shot module/adventure.  I have already got the basics, now need to get working on fleshing it out a little before I go out there.

I have also stumbled onto a game that is interesting.  It is called The One Ring.  It takes place in Middle-Earth, between the time of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.  It is also a very different game, not a d20 variant at all.  It uses d6's and a d12 die.  Also, there is an almost White Wolf or 7th Sea feel to the skills, since there are ranks you fill in.  However, there is no random rolling for attributes AND no choosing of attributes.  Your main scores are based off the race that you play.  I have been looking it over and it sparked the Gamer ADD I believe.

I think I will save the talk about The One Ring for later.  Hey might actual get another post this week.  Or even later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment