Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Life...

I know I haven't posted for awhile.  Been busy working on a fantasy novel.  I have also been ignoring gaming for the most part.  (I haven't played much of the Temple game in the last two weeks and my friend's Fallout game at all.)


This is just the way of things.  Life gets in the way of things.

However, that doesn't mean I am going to stop reading other blogs, or stop working on this one.  The podcast should be up sometime next week.  I will keep you gentle readers up to date on that.

Something I have noticed in the blogsphere is how annoying some people can be about their own ideas.  I realize it is kind of silly to say that when my own blog has the name Rant in it.  Yet, I try to understand where other people are coming from.  There are others out there who have such a myopic opinion that they immediately say that if you don't agree with me, you are wrong.  (I will not be acting like a tattle-tale, saying who is doing this or that.  That is rather silly in my opinion and not what I set this blog up for.)

Also, I do realize that the blogs are someone's opinion and nothing more.  AND, if you don't like it, don't read the rest of the article, blog or whatever and go on to the next one.  Or, just stop reading them in general.

More to come later...

2 comments:

  1. So, then, are you saying that we should only discuss things if we agree with them? If we don't like the opinion, we should just shut up and let it stand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not at all. But the flame wars that can start up seem silly to me. I think everyone should have a voice, but there must be some give on either side. Or at least the, let us agree to disagree. Everyone has an opinion. Everyone should also, to some extent, bring a little decorum and respect to others when they disagree.

    But, I would never say that we should only read things that we agree with. It is a reason I still have some of those very opinionated people on my blog list. But, there is a point where it all becomes noise to me.

    ReplyDelete