Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thinking about Old School...

After a night of hanging with friend at the local Norms, while discussing Pathfinder, I came home and just felt like I had been discussing such a different game than the one I love.  The amount of options just freezes my brain.  Don't get me wrong, I think it fun to game and Pathfinder does have a certain joy that shines through in the writing.  But, I still feel like the overall concept is just to option heavy.

Then, this morning, far earlier than I usually get up, a friend called and asked, "Hey, what is that old edition clone where elves have to be magic-users or fighters?"  Groggily, I said, "Swords and Wizardry."  (I have some interesting friends.)

Ever since, I've been thinking about going back to that slim volume.  Yes, the reprints are on the way to my place and I am running a 1E and 3.5E game in my world, yet there is a tickle in the back of my head to go to something very simple.  If not maybe bashing together S&W and LotFP (but take out some of the "brutal" nature for some of my players...or not.)

Just been thinking about that recently.  And, thinking that M-W-F for the blog will be better.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment