Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hopeful for the 27th! And some random thoughts...

First off, I am a huge fan of the PvP webcomic.  And, I also love Penny Arcade.  And, their D&D podcasts they did.  Yeah, it was fourth, doesn't matter.  They did a great job and made the game sound fun!

They are doing it again at PAX Prime.

Looking forward to it and I'm sure it will be great.

The random thought is about getting what I want as a DM out of a campaign.

I listen to the Fear the Boot podcast often.  One of their shows, found here, was about how to make the campaign a success.  I found it very interesting and I thought it was time to write them down.

An epic campaign: A game that allows for the characters to grow from nothing.  From zero level all the way to level 18-20.  Or even higher.

A poor campaign: This might sound harsh, but I think many of the modules around throw gold and silver around like it is nothing.  Will I still insist on training?  Yes.  But, I will have a different scale for what the PC needs to get training.

A deadly campaign: Not one that means the players need a stable of characters to play.  It means death is going to be a part of the campaign.  That the risk of death will be there and I will not be pulling any punches.

This might seem like a strange list.  Yet, there it is.  Anyone want to give me their list?

No comments:

Post a Comment